Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Very Poor Job!

This is a picture of our house in Vancouver. We came home from a trip to find we were paid back for a previous job I had helped with! Our neighbors told us people had driven by all day looking at it. We laughed so hard when we drove up and found this "sign" of affection!
*To all teenagers out there: This is NOT a good idea! The real estate companies don't appreciate you "Borrowing" their signs!

I am a professional TPer, Lawn Forker, and Practical Joker. It is a skill that I haven't used in quite some time but it's still inside me none the less.


This morning we woke up to our lawn being forked. It is a sad, sorry job done with maybe 2 packages of white, plastic forks. Come on?! If you're going to do a job, do it right!

I ask my previous Young Women.... Would we EVER have only used 2 packages of ANYTHING? I'd say that's as lame as using like - 2 rolls of Toilet Paper!

I'm sure this is the job of some inexperienced 9th graders who are friends of my dear son and obviously haven't been properly trained by a professional like myself.
(It did make for easy clean-up.)

If you ever read the comments on my posts there was reference to a night of TPing gone wrong! Here's the story...

Some cute girls in my ward wanted to go TP some boys in the ward and they knew I was always up for driving so they called me to see if I'd take them. I happily agreed! (I know, I know... not very adult-like.) We left late at night and went to decorate a few houses. When we got to the "House of Boys", I waited in the car and the girls got out with their gear. They heard someone coming so they FLEW back into the get away car and off we went! Well, the excitement was too much so they just HAD to go back! I was just the driver of the get away car and innocent bystander so what did I care... back we went!
(Here is where you should start to feel bad for me)
The girls start working with care to ensure a "Job Well Done" when on come the hoses of water, and eggs start flying! Those sneaky boys were WAITING for us to come back! And you would not believe their aim! I was ACROSS THE STREET, IN MY CAR and I just happened to have my window down like 6 inches. An egg came right through my window and hit me right in the EYE!!!! It hurt so bad! I thought I had been hit by a baseball! The girls again came running back to the car to find their trusty chauffeur blinded by egg! I did a quick clean up and drove off in a bit of a fog. It hurt but we still had a good laugh. The best part of the night was when I drove the girls home. I said, "next time, remind me to keep my window up!" Brittney's face was priceless when she said, "There will be a next time?!"
Heck, a little egg can't keep a professional down!
It was bad timing however because we were leaving the next day to Darrell's family reunion in Idaho. I had to meet some of his aunts, uncles and cousins with a faint black eye and little tiny cuts in a perfect circle around my eye. Nice impression! Poor Darrell, He's so good to put up with me!
Ahhh... Good memories huh, girls?

7 comments:

Kate said...

LOL- that is SO funny! One time I went TPing and my mom drove my friend and I (she's awesome :) ). However, the boy we were TPing was home alone... in the country... and a little nervous so he came out with a shotgun and started shooting! My mom was up the road in a panic when she heard the shots. We ran back to the car and all was well! Moral of the story- TPing isn't ALWAYS fun and games LOL

Labadie Family said...

Chuckle, chuckle!! That is a great picture (and I must say, a great idea...) Political signs would be fun, don't ya think? Hmm...

It is nice to catch back up and to hear from you! I am so glad that Arianne has made such a great recovery!
Kristina

Brannigan said...

Oh my gosh, Rene!! That brings back so many good memories. I've been wanting a copy of the picture of your house for years!! We did such a good job. You were the best YW leader. Your new girls better realize how lucky they are!

PS- I still feel bad about your eye!

Michelle said...

Oh the good ole days! Ashley and I were talking about the egg incident at a wedding reception recently. Hint - the grooms last name starts with a G! Haha...
Looks like you have a lot of fun times ahead of you...with a cute son and all. :)

Ashley May said...

Two packages of forks? Are you kidding me?! I'm so proud to see that sign picture up on your blog!!! That was probably the best prank EVER (wasn't that your idea?) Anyways, thanks for all the memories!!!!

Rene said...

Ashley - It was my idea originally, with a FEW signs in a certain someone's yard... Then I came home to MY idea on STEROIDS! (Brings to mind the name "Dudley")

Thompson Tales said...

Oh all the pranks that were pulled during that young womans. it was to much fun. How are you Rene? This is britnee i go on my moms blog once in awhile. Its been to long.