Multnomah Falls
This is from the top of Multnomah Falls looking out at the Columbia River Gorge. It was a beautiful, clear day! After a tough hike to the top of a waterfall at Mt. Ranier last year, Lindsay always says she "isn't a good hiker". She didn't want to do this one, so we told her it wasn't a hike - it was nice walk. She bought it and came with us. She didn't complain (too much) It was so fun! I had been wanting to take the kids there for awhile. My parents joined us and after the hike (walk) we went to the Saturday Market downtown Portland. I love it down there... perfect place to "people watch"

Mayfield Lake, our favorite Lewis County hang out. We love to leave first thing in the morning and spend the whole day! It's even better when we add a stop for dessert on the way home.
Just recently I was looking at pictures from this past summer. I found these and during the rainy, cold and dreary days of winter I want to remember the reasons why I love the beautiful Pacific Northwest so much.
I always fantasize about living someplace warm like Arizona or Hawaii. However, I know I would miss this place! I love the mountains, the evergreen trees, the rivers, lakes, and waterfalls. I guess the months of rain will just continue to make me appreciate the days it takes a break!

10 comments:
Those are really fun pictures! I hate it when summer is over too and the winter months begin, but there are good things about winter too. Like family holidays, gingerbread cookies and thinking of fun suprises for your family.
Nice post Rene. I love all the pictures of your cute family!
Hey Rene....I was totally blog stalking/surfing and I found you!!! It is great to see your family doing so well. I agree with you, I love the Pacific Northwest and its lush greenery. Your kids have gotten so big, and they are so beautiful. Also, was that MY Britnee that you took t.p'ing??? She loved you as a Young Woman leader. Hope it is okay to leave you a comment..love ya, Diana Thompson
Hey you! You might not realize that this blog entry was like a jab at "prospects of AZ"....lol...
Ypu guys always have so much fun!! You are so adventureous:)
I LOVE the Northwest too. We are so blessed to live here:)
Great job on the pictures!!
Looks like so much fun. I have been wanted to go to Multnomah falls lately, this made me want to go more! I still can't beleive how BIG your kids are! They are still so cute as ever!
Brook - That's EXACTLY what it was! :)
Warmth, Sun, Warmth, Sun....WARMTH!
Hi Rene,
It was so good to hear from you. We need to continue the girls night thing even though Traci is gone. I miss you gals. I think Olivia is cute too. However, cute she may be but happy not so much. So I guess it evens out in the end. Hope to see you soon. Rachel
Rene....MORE BLOG PLEASE:)
Old Aunt Shelly
(as Betty so affectionately calls me)
Post a Comment