Okay... seriously, Enough! We are not supposed to have weather like this. When it snows here it's supposed to be wet, and heavy and go away in a day or so. It's fun for a minute but when it cancels multiple fun Christmas activities it needs to be over!
Canceled so far:
2 days of School, this includes Christmas parties :( ,
(it should have been 3 days... Wednesday was brutal!)
Christmas Caroling for Mutual
Arianne's last school basketball game
Austin's basketball game against Evergreen
Arianne's basketball practice for her other team
A Christmas Party
Austin's Basketball game in Hockinson
Arianne's basketball tournament
Austin's scout trip to OMSI
The Centralia College girls basketball game
And tonight we got a call: No church tomorrow!
The last one is the worst! We were supposed to have a special musical service. I was so excited for it. I love all of the Christmas music!
The kids have had a great time sledding on our hill and playing outside but I haven't been able to drive my car since Wednesday! I had more Christmas shopping to do so Adam, my sweet brother in law, took me and Cheree out shopping. I got lots done and then Darrell and I finished up that night! WOOHOO!
Darrell is happy to drive around in the snow so we aren't totally home bound. Tonight we went for a drive just to take a look around and WOW! There is a lot of snow out there!
The weather report says we could get a lot of wind tonight... that would be bad if the power goes out. It would be pretty dang cold without the furnace or the blower on the wood stove going! YIKES! That sounds miserable!
Saddest of all... My good friend Brook and her family got in an accident on their way home this afternoon. Thankfully none of them were hurt! That is so scary!
I believe this cold weather is going to stick around a couple of more days and then we're supposed to reach a balmy 40 degrees!
Like I said... ENOUGH ALREADY!
Edited Monday: Arianne's basketball Christmas party.... CANCELED!
The Woodland family will be going out to dinner tonight. Darrell doesn't knowit yet but he will be coming home from work and taking me someplace, anyplace!
Guess what?! It's snowing... again!

5 comments:
I was going to blog about the same thing!! I am with you.
Wow Rene, that is a LOT of cancelations. It's amazing how everything shuts down around here. We have about 7 inches in BG and it just started snowing again. Enough! I think you need to post some pictures. I want to see the lights on your house. I'm jealous that you have them on the top level! :)
First of all.. yippee- you updated your blog! SEcond... I hear you! WE had 2 hour late starts every day this week, but the superindent said he didn't want ANY snow days. So we won't have to make them up! We got church cancelled today too- Clint was suppose to give a talk so he was thrilled! Hope it clears up for you- we have snow sticking around a while.
It is crazy!! We too have had MANY things canceled, including church and it is all the fun stuff!! The bummer is, it really can't be made up.
I'll be up your way tomorrow so I hope the roads are better. I know ours are absolutely awful! Went sliding out to my moms as a rapid 25 miles per hour this morning and was amazed at the incredible amount of snow and ice EVERYWHERE. This is insane--ENOUGH!!
WOW!! That IS alot of cancelled things.....I was especially sad that Josh's first high school band concert was cancelled. Boo Hoo!
Was that BBall game against OUR Evergreen?
I'm kind of enjoying this homebound life ...but I'm a homebody at heart. Your mom sounded stir crazy too. See you on Wednesday:)
Post a Comment