Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fun Week!

It's been such a fun, busy week!
I can't believe the long weekend is over already. My sister, Michelle, and her family came to our house on Tuesday. Michelle, Cheree and I had a fun day shopping and out to lunch at Casa Ramos - Yumm!
On Wednesday: I let my kids stay home from school to hang out with their cousins while Michelle, Mike, and I did more shopping and met up with Darrell for lunch at Chehalis Deli. Wednesday night Jaysen stayed here and Michelle took Arianne with her to stay at my parents.
Thanksgiving Thursday: My whole extended family (85 of us!) met at the church for dinner. It was great to see so many of my cousins that I haven't seen in a few years and all of my aunts who I love so, so, so much! I think there were 3 big turkeys - well, 3 of the edible kind, more if you count children ;), 2 hams, tons of potatoes and yummy gravy (I hope that someday my gravy will be as good as my moms), green bean casserole (I really don't get why people like that stuff), rolls, salads, fresh veggies, fruit, yams (ditto on the green bean comment), corn, cranberries, stuffing, and more pie than should be legal..... pumpkin, apple, chocolate, berry... however, as my cousins boyfriend pointed out... no cherry! After dinner, there was volleyball, board games, and lots of visiting to catch up with everyone. We missed the ones that didn't make it (CHEREE! and Scott) but sure enjoyed the company of all who were there.
Jaysen and Spencer (Michelle's boys) came back to Chehalis with us and my mom and Michelle kept Arianne and Lindsay in Vancouver.
Friday: Cheree and I got up at 4:30 AM to hit the sales in town. I got some great deals! I got a new (to me) washer and dryer... Long story, but how wrong is it that my washing machine went out the day before I had company coming to stay?! (Thank goodness for my sister up the street so that I could wash towels!) Spencer played a lot at Cheree's with her boys and we took Jaysen and Austin to Game Stop (Austin's heaven) where they bought a couple of video games... that set them up for the night! Cheree fed us a yummy dinner of turkey, potatoes, rolls, corn... her leftovers from the great dinner she prepared on Thursday for her husbands family. (missed them - still a little bitter)
Saturday: Cheree, Mom, Michelle, Arianne, Jessica, Holly (Cousin) and I all went to the Yuletide Bazaar at Prairie High School. It's my favorite holiday bazaar. They have so many neat things there every year! We got lunch (notice a pattern?) then went to my parents and got ready to go to the temple. It was a great temple trip! We took Austin, Arianne, Jessica, Jaysen, Holly, and Josh (cousin) to do baptisms. It was such a special day to be in the temple with my husband and children, my parents, my cousins, my sister and brother in law, and my aunt and uncle. I can't wait for the day that Lindsay will be there with us, too. While we were at the temple my sweet niece Heidi kept the younger kids for us. They LOVE her so it was a big treat for them! After the temple we all went back to my parents and had a yummy dinner and started the plans for my parents 5oth wedding anniversary next year! WOW! 50 years!!! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family... I'm thankful everyday for them!
Tomorrow: Sadly, Michelle's family will go back to Nevada. Lindsay cried tonight saying goodbye. OK, so did I. It's so far away and we love them so much! I wish we all lived on the same street. Michelle as a neighbor on one side, Cheree on the other, mom and dad across the street from us all, my brothers just around the corner, my grown nieces and nephews next door to my mom... you get the picture... It's just so hard to say goodbye...
fun week, bitter sweet ending, happy memories...

4 comments:

Kate said...

What a fun, fun week! I'm so glad you got to see your whole family. We're looking forward to coming to church with you next weekend. Zach and Allison are excited to come see your kids. Zach has a few girls (!!!) who want to meet up with him and Austin at the movies. LOL- I thought Austin might be in heaven. Is that okay?

Shelly's Space said...

WOW!! You actually had energy to blog last night!! It was a fun week....I'm glad you have as much fun shopping the day after Thanksgiving as I do:) You are such a good aunt, cousin and mom and you spread sunshine wherever you are.The Temple was so nice to end a great weekend and I will get right onto reserving the building for June.
I really like the way you do all the fun fonts and colors on your blog:)

Unknown said...

Okay...lol...I would have totally picked Casa Ramos over BK on Tuesday too...sounds like you had way better Thanksgiving week than me...I'll let you in on the dramatics later!

Clarissa said...

Wow, I thought we had a lot of people for Thanksgiving...you got us beat by a lot.

Hey, it was really great seeing you the other day. You are such a kick and I had so much fun visiting with you. Oh, thanks for entertaining my kid while I showed off my tremendous v-ball skills.