Thursday, February 12, 2009

In honor of Valentine's Day

I LOVE....
(in no particular order and not complete)
...Sunshin-ey days (I love 'em even more if they're warm)
...Hugs from my kids and kisses from Darrell
...Going out to lunch, have I mentioned - I'm a professional.
...Salt Water Sandals and weather that warrants them.
...Being on the boat at the lake with my family.
...VACATION!!! (and will be on one in about 6 weeks!)
...That Darrell is a morning person and will always run the kids to early morning stuff.
...To see my kids read a book, It's one of my favorite past times, too.
...Hiking in the forest.
...My parents, they are great parents and even GREATER grandparents!
...America and the flag that represents it.
...Homemade cards.
...Tulips (and it's almost that time of year!)
...The 4th of July
...Cake Batter ice cream from Cold Stone
...Pepperoni Pizza and bread sticks
...Watching my kids play sports.
...Sitting with my family in church.
...Singing (I love it but I'm not so good at it!)
...My sisters and brothers, nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.
...Hanging out with friends.
...Playing games (tell me HOW did I get a husband that doesn't?)
...That my sister lives close and her and Adam like to play games, too.
...Cookie dough
...Back/neck rubs! Lindsay is getting good!
although she charges me if I try to get her to go on for too long.
...Hearing my kids play the piano.
...When Darrell walks in the door from work.
...Sitting by a pool & reading a book on a hot day.
...Going to Centralia College Girls Basketball games.
...To see my kids growing up to be people I like to spend time with, even though I'm sad to see them growing up (does that make sense?)
... Dr. Pepper and/or Cherry Pepsi (preferably,with ice and a straw)
This list is getting long and I could go on all day...
But I'll tell you one thing that I HATE... in 1 year and 1 month, Austin will be 16 and the scares the CRAP out of me!
Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

Clarissa said...

Just yesterday, I was thinking that you hadn't updated your blog in a while...glad you did. That is a good idea, and I just might steal it from you. Oh, Brook talked about going to BK next week...are you in? You do LOVE to go to lunch, right?

Unknown said...

No wonder you're my friend!

Hollee J said...

Dr Pepper is the best, it was fun to see you last week!

Shelly's Space said...

You find joy in such simple things......I loved reading your list....it is so you!!!
I can't believe our boys are getting so close to 16!!! It's okay though, you WILL survive and so will he:)

Kate said...

You'll actually LOVE 16- it's so fun :)

Rene said...

Clarissa, I'm in! Let me know when.

Kate said...

Rene...NO WHERE on your list did I see watching Austin's band concerts- but I DID see something about basketball games... that should tell you something!

Rene said...

Kate, I know... we're still trying to figure out how we can do both!