My purse has a DRAIN
It's called children and school.
I cannot believe how much it costs to have a kid in school BAND! Symphonic and Jazz band cost WAY more than having the same kid play a SPORT!... Sweatshirts, tux!?, festival, trips, shoes. He loves to play the trumpet but, last year at the end of 8th grade he said he wasn't going to play in high school. He's always enjoyed it so we talked him into playing! I swear everyday he comes home, he needs something else. Arianne needs new clothes for band, too. Oh, and they are being honored by being the only Middle School band to be accepted out of 110 auditions for a festival in Spokane this winter. The rest are High School bands. How much is THAT honor going to cost us? Besides, travel to Spokane in a bus in the winter??!?
Getting my children to practice Piano is becoming a PAIN
They have been so good about it in the past... I need to work on getting some fun music to reignite... Arianne is still pretty good about it, she loves to play. The other one shall remain nameless but it rhymes with Boston. He loves Billy Joel so I bought the music for Piano Man the other day. He actually told me "thank you"... for SHEET MUSIC! (watch for falling skies) If he wasn't so good at it, I'd give up.
They say it's coming.... RAIN
Our weather has been so beautiful! High 70's, low 80's... Just perfect! I'm not ready!
I wish my neighbors dogs would get hit by a TRAIN
I'm so tired of listening to them bark. I especially don't like it when I leave my bedroom window open at night for a nice cool breeze and they wake me up at 5 AM!!!! I repeat, I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!
Medical bills are INSANE
My make-believe conversation with Dr. Woods (pediatric cardiac surgeon):
Me: So, how's the new Volvo SUV?
Dr. W: uh, nice...?
Me: Let me help you pay for it... in small monthly amounts? "Cause you're worth every penny of the THOUSANDS you make PER HOUR!
Dr. W: You scare me.
Me: Sorry.
Let me EXPLAIN
Now that I go back and read this post it sounds grumpy... I don't really mean it that way (well, except for the neighbors' dogs). I love that my kids love music no matter what the cost and even though I have to remind them to practice. It is beautiful to listen to once they get past the eye rolling. I'm thankful they go to schools with such fantastic music programs. I know that they rain is what makes the pacific northwest so gorgeous, I just really love the sun when it's here. And regardless of medical bills, Dr. Woods and everyone else who treated and cared for Arianne is worth every penny and more. I am thankful for the great advances in modern medicine and for the people who are willing to go through years and years of schooling and training to have a medical profession so that they can be the answer to my prayers. (OK, that just made me cry.) I am also thankful for payment plans. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
....ok....I JUST caught on to what you meant by DR. Suess....and gosh, it was right there in big bold letters all along....
After reading that....
When days are ROUGH
Don't let your kids GOUGH (guff?)
Or you'll have to get TOUGH
Cuz you've just had ENOUGH
oh so good to get an update! I feel the same way!
hey figure out how to do the picture thing already! ;)
You have such talent at writing!! You should see if you can publish your latest works (hee hee).....
Seriously, I feel your pain...we're on our 9th year of high school music, but it is worth every penny. Unless he grows alot more, his band clothes will last for 4 years....that is IF he doesn't grow anymore:)
It gets so busy in high school that all my kids quit piano by then. It got to a point where something had to go (money wise)...we just want our boys to have the skills to play in priesthood and for their missions.
I loved your sentiments about being thankful for the people who go to school all those years to be an answer to your prayers.
AND....we have a neighbor dog who barks all day somedays....our dog can hardly go outside because of it. HANG IN THERE....(it's good to vent sometimes:))
Post a Comment