Arianne is doing great!
She says she feels good and is just sad because she can't do her normal stuff. I think part of the problem is that her friends have all started soccer and basketball practice and she can't do all of that quite yet. We went to our friends house the other day and took the motorcycles for the kids to ride in their field. Arianne said she was going to ride the little 50 ... We looked at her like she was on drugs (since it has only been a week since she WAS!) Me: "Ummm... I don't think that is on the approved activities list".
Arianne: "Oh, yeah, probably not, huh?"
I took it as a sign that she's feeling much better!
We went to the Doctor on Wednesday to make sure everything is healing well and that she can start school. She is healing well and he gave the go ahead for her to start so she went today for 4 classes. She got caught up on the the latest news with all of her friends and is ready to go back tomorrow. Her heart has some fluid around it so they will keep a watch to be sure that it absorbs into her system. They removed all of the bandage and it looks amazingly great. It's a really thin straight line, pretty dark pink but the nurse said in about a year it will lighten up a lot. Sadly, she has to go back on October 15th for an exercise test to be sure everything is flowing properly before she can start basketball. She heard that and got a little grumpy... It will require another IV and more dye. Poor girl!
Cool thing: we got a DVD of parts of the surgery. It's AMAZING! The creepy part is that at the beginning her heart is beating and in the middle it's totally still while she's on the bypass machine then at the end it's beating away again. FREAKY!
Remember those other 2 kids I have? Austin and Lindsay? They actually started school on Tuesday. My sweet baby boy started high school! I can't believe it! He asked me to take him around the school last week so that he could find where all of his classes were. So we went, walked the halls, found the classes.... As we were leaving:
I said: "Wow! Austin it seems like just yesterday I was taking you to kindergarten and now you're going to high school!"
He looked at me and said, "Mom, that was a LONG time ago!"
I said: "but it seems like like it just happened that I was walking you into Mrs. Bates and crying that I had to leave you there"
So he's thinking I'm nuts as tears are forming in my eyes and says "Well, I guess I must be a pretty good kid or it would feel like it's drug on forever..."
I guess he's right! He is a pretty good kid. I didn't cry the day he started school this year though because he left at the unholy hour of 6:00 AM!!!! I barely woke up enough to say good bye and wish him luck at his first day of seminary, jazz band, and high school. A kiss, and he was out the door. (gotta love the dad who is a morning person!)
Lindsay started 1st grade. That's hard to believe too. I miss her!
(If you're bored of this post because it is dragging on too long... stick with me here... this is a funny Lindsay story.)
So, I know all blogging is better with pictures but I CANNOT get them on here... it says they uploaded but they aren't here. Sorry, I tried. I even have great ones of Arianne's hospital stay...
Aunt Shelly, I told you I'd need help!

9 comments:
Yeah! I am so glad Arianne is doing so well!
Rene! Happy Birthday! I thought of you a lot yesterday! I saw Heidi Jenkins and we chatted for a few minutes and remembered so old time in second ward! Megan Horrocks blog is the wright stuff check it out on my side bar. She is having her first baby in oct. Norinda is in my ward now too so that has been fun! Love that you are a blogger now and don't worry the pictures will come ;)
Charity, is that like "Field of Dreams"? "Build it and they will come?"
Hooray!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENE!! So glad to see you blogged. I'll have to call you to see about the pictures because we all love them:)
This is a great post of all the kids...Did Austins school have an orientation?? Or did he miss it during the surgery? I KNOW how you feel about sending him off to high school. It is an emotional day for moms. I'm glad Arianne was able to go to school for a little while. Recovery is a slow process....but it will come. Lindsay is a funny girl!! I hope you had a good birthday:)
Hi Shelly, Austin's school did have orientation. Of course, it was the very same day as Arianne's surgery! My mom took him to it before she came up to the hospital and a friend picked him so he didn't miss a beat!
Hey Rene...Happy birthday! I would have brought you Dr Pepper too if I lived there still... but I promise I would have been fully clothed!
Glad everyone is great.
Kate
Hey girl!! Sorry about missing your b-day. I can't remember when anyone's is anymore without our girls night outs!! I too would have brought you Dr. Pepper AND some snickerdoodles because I know you love them. And guess what - I would have done it buck naked too if it would make your birthday a special one. Much love!!
Traci
Hi Rene, I am Shelly's sister, Debi. I have been clicking on Jenny's blog and reading yours (my son had heart surgery several times, too. I have met you, but I don't know if you remember me). Anyway, I wanted to give you a suggestion about posting the pictures. Once you have downloaded them a box will come up. Sometimes the pictures take a few minutes to actually show up on there, so wait a little bit and they might eventually show up (just walk away and come back to it). Once the pictures show up, don't forget to click on the words DONE. I think the word is in red. Also, sometimes it is just a blogger problem. I'm enjoying your blog. Your children are beautiful. :)
I hope all is still going well for your kids Rene. And Happy Late, Late birthday. Dr. Pepper is the BEST! Casey gave me a 12 pack a few years ago - but he wasn't naked. (at his age that's a good thing!)
Sister Woodland... I guess I can call you Rene now. I was so happy to find your page through Ashley's! I am extra glad to hear that Arianne is ok. I found your blog a while ago and have been checking back ever since. I finally created my own so I can comment instead of just stalk. Tell your family hello! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment