I wish I had taken pictures today but I didn't think about it until I was already at the school. I went to the middle school and the high school today for the Veteran's Day assemblies. Arianne and Austin were both playing with the bands. Both bands sounded great... very moving. I love Veteran's Day. I especially love the part of the programs where the band plays the medley of the armed forces songs and the veteran's stand when their branch's song is played.
It brings tears to my eyes every year! It touches me to see those men and women who served our country stand with pride, especially those who have a hard time standing at all. I am thankful to all of those who have served in the military to fight for the freedoms that I too often take for granted. My dad and my brother both served in the United States Army and I love them for it. I love our country. When I stand on a sidewalk waiting for a parade to start and I see the flag coming... It makes my heart beat a little stronger and brings a tear to my eye. Before a ball game, I love to sing our national anthem. I know what a blessing it is to live in this great nation... Thank you to all Military Veteran's and
God Bless America!

5 comments:
That was very touching....I'm so proud to be an American!
You said it beautifully! I got teary-eyed reading it. I feel the exact same way! Thank you for bolgging about it!
What a wonderful post!! No pictures needed...the sentiments reflect how we should all feel about those who have and are serving our country. I'm glad Austin and Arianne were able to participate in that way:)
Thanks for the post.....
Great picture....you're getting so good!!
I ditto EVERYTHNG that you just wrote....I am proud to be an American....
Post a Comment