Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Neighbors

Last week we got the greatest new neighbors!

I've always wanted to live near my family. I never wanted to leave Vancouver because it was (is) home to me. The best plans never work out the way I lay them out - so off we moved to Chehalis. It has become a home away from home to us. We are happy here but when we moved, the saving grace for me was that my sister Michelle and her family lived here. It was Awesome to live near each other! I love them and my kids love them! Then... they decided to move to Nevada. I was crushed! (I'm still a little bitter)

I am blessed in ways I'm sure I don't deserve because within a few weeks of Michelle leaving, my sister Cheree called from the tri-cities and told me that her husband, Adam had a job interview in our area and that they would probably be moving here. They moved to Chehalis within a couple of weeks and have only lived about 6 miles from us. It has been fun to see our kids together and how much they love each other. Her boys are so much fun! About a month ago Adam decided he wanted to move to our neighborhood to avoid the "lowlands" (the flood last year made him yearn for higher ground) they now live about 6 houses away from us. My favorite sight these days are when I'm at the kitchen sink and I look out the window and see 3 little boys running up my driveway! I get all the hugs and off they go to play. I can't get enough! Cheree says we're going to get tired of them and I say she's going to get tired of mine but I really don't think it will happen. They love to be together and I love to see them together! It isn't right next door but it is within walking distance. I love my family. I wish Michelle and her family would wise up and move back!

2 comments:

Shelly's Space said...

Rene....that is so great!! You are such a good big sister that Cheree can't help but want to live near you. What fun to have cousins to play with and grow up by. Tell Cheree "Hi" for me!!
2 posts in 2 days....WOW!!!

Michelle said...

How lucky that you get the chance to live near your sisters - even though they're taking turns. :) I've ALWAYS wanted to live near my sister but I don't think that will ever happen.