They just celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary!
They do awesome things like drive all the way to Chehalis to watch nearly every softball, soccer, basketball game and band concert my kids play in. The games that aren't in Chehalis? Yep, they drive to those too. A couple of days ago they drove to Olympia to hear Austin's Jazz Band play. Half the time (probably more than half) they show up before we do! They come for every birthday party, they bring treats, they give more love than you can imagine!
If we ever need help with ANYTHING, they're ready and willing.
When they miss a game, they call to see how it went.
When we moved to Chehalis I thought I would die from not living near them in Vancouver but they make it all OK by visiting us here.
I love them SO much! They are great parents and grandparents!
Mom and Dad, Congratulations on 50 years and counting!


4 comments:
Are these your parents or your husbands? Either way, they sound fabulous.
You're right!! They are the greatest....and not only do they go to all your family things, they are there for my family too:) They have been a great aunt and uncle for our kids all these years.
I don't know where they get all their energy....you have it too! Thanks for driving all the way to Vancouver last week to hear Jon talk and to send him off on his mission with all that family support. We love you guys!!
I stumbled upon your blog from friend's blog. Hope you don't mind, I am adding you to my list of blogs.
I think its time for an update!!:)
Post a Comment