Today is GORGEOUS! The SUN is shining, it's warm and the kids didn't have school!!!
With the promise of some fun, the kids all helped me clean this morning.
We got rid of clothes that didn't fit anymore, toys that don't get played with, and tossed some junk!
When the jobs were complete, we picked up some junk food and met Darrell at work for lunch, then traded cars with him so that we'd have the truck for loading up the bikes. We took the bikes out to a new trail near our house and rode for awhile. The trail goes along the river so we stopped to dip our toes (BRRRR!) and throw some rocks (A LOT of rocks!). It always surprises me that they can just hang out at the side of a river and throw rocks for as long as they do. They skip them, see how far they can throw them, how high they can throw them, and toss, and toss.... I wish I would have thought to take my camera! It was a perfect afternoon. Darrell and Austin just left for the church father/son campout. The girls and I are going to get a movie and eat popcorn!
The weather is supposed to stay nice so we're going to take off in the morning to Mt. St. Helen's area and do some hiking. I love this weather SO much!!!! It's supposed to stay in the high 70's ALL WEEK!
Only 3 weeks left of school!!! I can't wait... I have a lot of day trips I want to take this summer, Mike and Michelle and the kids will be here in a few weeks, we'll take a trip to Nevada...
I'm ready for summer!!!!

5 comments:
LOVING the weather. And I think we are all ready for summer. Sounds like you are going to have lots of fun!!!
I can't wait for summer too! This weather has been fantastic. We had about 85 degrees yesterday and we spent LOTS of time outside enjoying it :) Make a day trip to Tri-Cities!! (oh... and update your blog more!)
Your life is full of fun!! You're a fun mom..... Summer is coming quickly and like you, I'm excited for school to get out:)
Hey, update your blog and I haven't heard from you on mine in awhile - where are you? Love to hear from you!! Hopefully I'll see you in July when I come to visit!!
Okay Rene.....I know I'm slow at blogging, but it's middle of July already.....more blog please:)
I know you miss Austin, but surely SOMETHING fun is happening at your house:) OR maybe you're just having too much fun without him????
Post a Comment