To all of the driver's in the Lewis County area....
WATCH OUT!!!!
The Woodland family has a new driver!
(and I have a new BFF)
Yesterday, Austin started Driver's Ed. and got his permit. I took him over to the DMV to get it and the nice, nice man there at the counter asked if I was Austin's mom. I said, "Yes, and you would know for sure that I was if you knew how fast and furious my heart is beating right now!" He replied, "Oh, I just figured you were an aunt or something because you don't look old enough to have a son this age."
I love him!
Lucky for me my "little boy" is nervous to drive on I-5 so he didn't ask to drive home until we took our exit. I pulled over to let him drive and Arianne quickly grabbed my cell phone to call my sister and ask her pick her up so she wouldn't have to ride with us!!! She's so funny! We all survived and he's really doing pretty well. I am so scared though! One of these days he's going to feel a little too comfortable for my liking.
Wish us luck .... and pray for us :~)

8 comments:
I can't believe it... I totally feel for you! It's SO hard to sit in a car and not tense up... yell... etc, etc. I still do it to Zach and he's been driving on his own for 6 months.
no way, austin is driving! you'll have to post a pic of him in the car if he'll let you :)
I feel your fear! I keep hearing about how many months until it is our turn to enter the driver's ed arena and it makes my heart pound just thinking about it--until I think of all the errands someone else can run for me :-)
oh my!
i REMEMBER WHEN YOUR KIDS WERE SO LITTLE AND PLAYED WITH MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS. YOUR FAMILY LOOKS GREAT. I'M ADDING YOU TO MY BLOG.
I agree, it's scary having your kids learn to drive....I'm afraid I wasn't always such a patient teacher. Austins a great kid....he'll do fine:) And yes, you do look too young to have a son that old:)
we are doing the same thing this week, bristyn just turned 15 and has been begging for her permit...i don't think i will be getting any remarks about my age though!!! the gray says it all!!!
i can't believe it!
Post a Comment