Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update... over due, I know!

It's been an awesome summer, so far! We've done some day trips that I really wanted to do and are spending lots of time in the sun at Mayfield Lake.
I'll start it all off with this...
Back in March my parents reached their 50th Wedding anniversary!!! March wasn't the best time to have a party since all the kids are still in school ... so, we had a big party at the end of June.
We had an AWESOME time!
We had a 50's theme with a soda shop and all! All of the decorations looked great! Hot Pink and black balloons, letterman's jackets, 50's music, 45 records, juke box, poodle skirts, 50's music dancing, lots of good friends and all the family!
I love, love, love my parents and it was a blast to have the party for them. All of my nieces and all but 2 nephews were there.
Funny story... my aunt Shelly had helped us out beforehand with scheduling her chruch building and getting us tablecloths etc... so the day of the party, while we were setting up, she came to the church to bring us the table cloths and said she'd iron them for us. We told her she didn't have to but she just happened to have her iron and ironing board in her car (hmmmm?). As we were decorating, my sisters and I would find ourselves taking little breaks and standing around talking and laughing... I'd look over, and there would be Shelly slaving away on the floor with her iron... It happened a few times so we finally told her she should put an apron on and we'd call her June Cleaver. Once in awhile we'd holler over a little, "Work Harder!" She was a good sport and a huge help! (Thanks, Shelly!) Enough about the party, I could NEVER describe it as great as it really was!
Obviously, since it was party week, Michelle and her family were in town, my neice Brittany and her 2 girls were here too. We had a ton of fun with all of them. We spent time together getting ready for the party the first week, then played the next week. Michelle and I signed Mallory and Lindsay up for a little basketball camp. (Which prevented us from sleeping in at all.) We took a day and went to Pike Place Market and Seattle Center to let the kids play in the fountain. It was a busy day, but I think everyone had a good time.
Sadly, Michelle and the kids had to go home a little earlier than usual since Jaysen had to be home for scout camp... even more, she took AUSTIN with her! He went home with her and went to scout camp with Jaysen, got to visit some aunts, uncles, his grandparents, and cousins in Battle Mountain for a few days and then finish up his trip with a few more days at Michelle's.
If you know our house, you would be shocked that he got to go. We have a no sleepover rule at our house and I have rarely left my kids overnight. It was a HUGE decision to let him go: We really wanted him to go to scout camp, he misses Michelle's family a ton and he's been asking to go stay at their house for a year, it timed perfect to catch a ride home with my parents coming home from a trip to Utah , he could visit his cousins in Battle Mountain that he loves to see.. it all added up to us lettng him go. It was so hard for me, I missed him so much! He had an awesome time. He came home with fun stories and memories that he'll have for a lifetime!
I'm tired and this is getting long... so here's the Reader's Digest version of the rest:
Austin and Arianne's Piano recital
4th of July Camping trip at Seaside (Camping is a lot more work for me without Austin!)
Perfect day the zoo and the Rose Garden in Portland
Boating and lazy days at the lake
Austin came home and the next day Arianne left for Girl's Camp
Next week, we leave for Nevada to see Darrell's family and to Idaho to see his grandma and to hit the waterpark!

2 comments:

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

Its about time!!

Shelly's Space said...

June Cleaver here.....and FYI....you were not slave drivers!!! Maybe a little BOSSY....(just kidding). It was such a FUN party you girls are AMAZING!!! I'm so glad you survived without Austin and lucky him he gets to go back again:)
Have a great rest of your summer and THANKS for the post:)