Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SoCkS
Towards the end of the school year I noticed a girl that had patterened socks on... 2 different patterns, one on each foot. Austin and Arianne told me that NO ONE matches their socks anymore and that I am the LAST mom on the planet that sorts and matches socks. I not only sort socks with their mate, I match them by how stained they are. (I'm a little obsessive about it.) One day at our friend's house I noticed that their 3 girls all had mis-matched socks. Last week we were out school shopping and there were girls in the next dressing room who had mis-matched socks. Arianne pointed them out at every store.
On Saturday, we went to Costco and got Arianne some socks. They have all different patterns and colors. I asked Arianne if I should stop matching her socks (that would KILL me). She said, "No, I want to be different."
Love that girl!

6 comments:

Thompson Tales said...

I have never seen that trend here in Colorado, but I think we are behind in every trend!! I am like you though, I always match up the socks, and if there is a hole in one, they are in the garbage!!!

Kate said...

I only WISH that were the trend here- I could get along quite happily throwing all the socks into one big basket!

Clarissa said...

First of all...thank you for updating your blog!!!! Second, my kids must not be old enough for that trend. Which I am glad about. Third, yes it was fun hanging out the other night and I hope to be able to do it again soon. And finally...POKE!!!

Anonymous said...

Nope, you're not the only mom who still matches socks. And I try to match the amount of staining and wear also.

Of course, that might be bad news -- that you're a mom like me! ;-)

Unknown said...

I feel really old fashioned when I hear about all these new trends...

Ummm....I think my OCD of neatness would totally interfere with not having matching socks. There is just no way!

Oh Arianne...may you always be Molly's role model....PLEASE!

Shelly's Space said...

You can count me in as always matching the socks as well. I must say that it is much easier with only one child at home....I buy him all the same socks so all I have to do is match the dirtyness (new word...)YES .....I do the same thing too!!