Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy 15th Birthday, AUSTIN!


I can't believe that it was 15 years ago that my dream of being a mom came true!
I'll never forget the feeling I had when the nurse put Austin in my arms for the first time.
Darrell and I were so excited!
Austin is a talented athlete in Soccer (his all-time favorite sport) and basketball, an awesome musician on the trumpet (especially in Jazz) as well as on the piano, although he doesn't enjoy it much anymore:( and a dedicated student (way to go on the 3.97 GPA!)
Some funny things about him...
He is totally a HOMEBODY! Just like his dad, not like me! Which is funny because he isn't home much these days between seminary, jazz band, school, sports, scouts, working odd jobs....
When he was about 3 years old we went to a store with a little play area and he asked me to tell all of the other kids to leave so he could play.
When he was 2 and I was SICK and pregnant with Arianne he rubbed my head and told me he'd make all my dreams come true!
He got sent into the hall in 5th Grade for saying "CRAP" in class when he spelled a word wrong in a spelling game.
He was student of the year in 8th grade and got a $500 scholarship from the Optimist Club.
He loves to spend time with his cousins, especially Addison! They are both video game junkies!
Two years ago, he made a goal on a penalty shot from just in front of the mid line!!! It was AWESOME! As luck would have it, the girls team was there watching while they were waiting for their game to start. He was feeling pretty neat!
He wants to be an orthodontist.
He's a pain in the neck sometimes but we sure love him a lot!
Happy Birthday, Austin!

7 comments:

Hollee J said...

See I am writing another comment just for you! Wow Austin is really that old!!! Hes such a good kid! My mom says hi also!!

Jenny Jensen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!! I can't believe he is so big!! I remember back when baby austin was a baby! He is so handsome too!!

Shelly's Space said...

Great birthday tribute to such a great kid!! He really is amazing...
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you are great parents:) It really is HARD to believe he's 15 already. WOW!!

Kris and Megan said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe he's 15! What a cute boy, I bet all the girls have crushes on him :) Thanks for writing the other day, it is so fun to hear from you! That's funny you saw that too (right? I think you told me that) and I'm glad someone else agrees with me :) Anyway, happy bday to Austin!

Kate said...

happy bday Austin... you're so GREAT!! Zach misses his buddy and was wishing you were coming to play church bball with him!

The Shelton's said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast these guys are growing up. Austin still knows he has to marry my Raquel, right? Nick turns 17 next week and I can hardly believe it. I'm gonna have a missionary out before I know it and so are you!!

Woodland Family said...

I really like the picture of Austin and Addison together!!