I'm taking a Poll....
If you have kids who keep their rooms clean and picked up and always put their laundry away nice and neatly... kindly, close this page and assume I have those kind too.
If you have a child like *cough*Austin, tell me what you do? His room is a MESS and when I put his clean laundry on his bed it either gets shoved in his drawers or put in a pile on the floor that he picks through to find something to wear. Our laundry room is RIGHT ACROSS THE HALL from his room and he still throws dirty clothes on the floor. Wouldn't it be just as easy to throw them across the hall? Today I went into his room (stepping on clothes) to see what shirts he needed to pack for vacation... so many shirts were shoved and wadded into his drawers! It annoys me. Clothes all over the floor... clean, dirty, who knows?
So, here's the question.... Do you say something and harp about cleaning up the bedroom or do you close the door and hope no one you care about risks their life by steping foot in there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I say that you let him wash and clean his own clothes. If he has to go to school with stinky, smelly, stained clothes with wrinkles (and I KNOW that would KILL you) then he's learned a lesson!
Have you seen my room? Really I say dont sweat the small stuff!! Austin is a great kid, if his room is a little messy hes the one who has to live in it. As long as it doesnt stink, I say let it be. And if he runs out of clean clothes make him wash them(with a little lesson on how to first, wouldnt want him ruining all his clothes)Or you could always be like mom and make him clean his room before he can do ANYTHING....Maybe thats why I never care if my room is clean or not, I always had to keep my room clean growing up, and really whats the point:)
After a certain age (and Austen has reached it, though my youngest son hasn't yet), I close the door.
And he washes his own clothes.
Shut the door....
and put him on the laundry rotation. But do show him how to separate whites from the darks--some beautiful young lady will thank you later!
It depends on what day you ask me......
Sometimes I say "Josh (or Jon Or Jenny when they were at home) is a good kid too" and don't sweat the small stuff. Then I ignore it.......
Then I have the days where I want to teach them (as the prophets have counseled) to be organized and clean up your homes and your yards. Like I said.....
It just depends on my day:) ONE thing for sure....They still grow up and live full productive lives, with or without us and they are no worse for the wear either way:)
Well, my mom made me clean my room, and I am grateful for the lesson now that I am on my own and can keep a clean room.
Post a Comment