I'm so lonely!
I've always been happy that Darrell doesn't travel for work.
Last week, he came home and said that he might need to go to Sacramento, CA this week.
Well, "might" turned into "gone"!
I HATE when he's gone.
Aside from me missing him, he's the pick up parent in the evening!
He picks up Austin and Arianne after their sports while I'm at Lindsay's games.
He also drives Austin to Seminary at 6 AM!!! Guess who's stuck with THAT duty this week?
Tonight I told Austin he could take the morning off tomorrow and just go to school at normal time. (Secretly, I was being selfish and trying to get a little extra sleep, but I tried to come off as the cool parent and letting him slack... He TOTALLY called me out on it! Guess who's getting up early AGAIN tomorrow?!)
At night, after the kids are in bed, no one is here to flip channels, or to watch that fishing show that I HATE on the Discovery Channel.
(ok, I don't miss that part)
The worst is when I get in bed and there is no one there to warm my feet up.
(that isn't completely the worst part but it's the beginning ;))
He's the greatest and I miss Him!
I'm just plain LONELY tonight!

3 comments:
that's so sweet! I'm sure he's missing you even more!
It would stink to be a single mom...right? Gosh what would we do without the man in our life....especially when it comes to taking to seminary...
I'm rootin for ya and hope he gets home FAST for your sake...:-)
P.S. He would probably "appreciate" a text saying "wake me up when you get home...;-)"
Poor Rene! I will be in the same boat starting tomorrow. Doug is leaving for a week to go an a dirt bike adventure in Idaho. Our kids aren't doing sports right now, and not old enough for seminary, so no worries there. But the night time...yeah, not looking forward to climbing in bed without him there!! To all the moms that do it all the time...I salute you!
Post a Comment