Happy Birthday to me!
I turned 21 again today. It's been such a nice day... This morning at about 7:45am I was greeted at my front door by my sweet little Addison who handed me a Dr. Pepper that was shaped like a football and then... she (with her dad's help) gave me a whole case of it!
That is a good start to my birthday!
Then, some sweet friends and my sister took me to Berry Fields for breakfast. Yummm! We giggled like a bunch of middle school girls and talked for longer than our waitress probably would have liked. I wish I could say we left the people around us wondering what was SO funny but I'm pretty sure they heard!
When I got home my hunky husband came home for lunch with a dozen red roses and a sweet card wishing me a happy 21st birthday. (it is going to be so awkward when my kids are older than me!)
This afternoon Lindsay and Addison made me cupcakes (with the help of the ever-patient Arianne.) Austin told me that he was going to take me out to lunch at the restaurant of my choice. Lindsay asked me to play a game with her and she was about to beat me but wouldn't go in the "winning spot" because it was my birthday!
My mom and my aunts all sang me happy birthday on the phone, I've gotten cards in the mail....
Tonight, we went out for ice cream with our good friends, the Cummings and my sweet sis and her awesome boys.
Darrell and the kids gave me the most thougthful gifts... Things he knew I wanted but just don't buy for myself. He's great that way.... For example, we were at the beach this summer and I tried on a pair of shoes. I loved them but didn't want to spend the money on myself. Tonight... they're on my feet. He and Arianne had snuck away to get them and have had them tucked away. Then, I've been coveting Holly's food chopper that she uses when she makes salsa. (She taught me how to make it!!! It is soooo Yummy!) Darrell went online and found the same exact Chopper! I love it! It means way more to me than chopping tomatoes and onions, it means he was listening to me when I was "Oooohing" and "awwwing" over how tiny it chops everything. When I was canning the above mentioned salsa, I was annoyed about pulling the hot jars out and tonight I have a handy jar grabber. He's just like that! I love him!
All of this makes me realize that not in a million years do I deserve the friends and family that I have been blessed with! Wanna read what made me cry? Go here...
To top it all off? Cheree, who hates to play Scrabble, came to my house tonight and played a game of Scrabble with me! She's like Lindsay, she let me win ;)

7 comments:
What a GREAT Birthday! You had such a great day because everyone realizes how terrific YOU are! Happy Birthday :)
You make me giggle!! I am glad that you had such a fantastic day! You do have great friends and family!
Breakfast was so much fun! I'm glad you had such a great birthday!
P.S. I REALLY wanna try this famous salsa!
Im so glad you had a great day!! No one deserves it more than you:)Love you!!
I can't tell you what year I was married, but after all these years I still remember you on your birthday. Hope it was great.
DeeAnna
(Found you through Kristie.)
You are a fantastic person and it is evident by all those who love and adore you. I whine a lot that I want to be more like Rene when I grow up. It was great to share your day with you. Weird thing - my mom has been 21 for a long time too? Curious. She told us that all the time when we were kids and one day I told my teacher at school that my mom was 21 and she laughed right in my face. She said no way was my mom 21 and had 7 kids at the time. I was so mad that she thought my mom was lying and I remember going home and asking my mom if she was really 21. It was then that she had to confess her little secret to me. I was only slightly mentally scarred!! LOL!!
Not sure if you will see this but I'm glad you had a great day!! You are very loved....
Post a Comment