Saturday, September 12, 2009


Today was the day!
The busy fall sports season is well under way and today put us in
FULL SWING!

Austin is on the high school golf team, Arianne is playing middle school soccer and select basketball, and Lindsay is playing soccer.
They all started practices a couple of weeks ago but today the league basketball games started and Lindsay had a jamboree.
We LOVE all of the games! Honestly, I think I was more excited about Arianne's basketball games than she was. Our house rule is always:

1 sport, per kid, per season

but what do I say when she's been with this basketball team since 4th grade
and she's played soccer since she was 3? Middle school soccer started last year, but last year it wasn't a problem since she was recovering from heart surgery and couldn't really run, let alone run with a ball!)

This morning started with Lindsay's team pictures, my nephew- Addison's game, Austin refereeing a tournament, then Lindsay's jamboree (4 Short games), Arianne's 2 basketball games in Olympia. Luckily, they weren't all at the same time!!!

Addison's team won, Lindsay's team won 3 and tied 1, Arianne's basketball team won both of their games... The last one was a NAIL BITER! They were down by 8 at half time and came back to win by 1 point in overtime! WHEW!

I love to watch their games... I coach Lindsay's team and this is the 4th year with most of the same girls. We have such a good time. It's fun to see them progress each year.

I took my camera along for the ride. My trusty side kick.
I can remember useless, pointless, never needed things like....

The theme songs to: THE BRADY BUNCH and GILLIGAN'S ISLAND
How to count to 10 in Japanese, Spanish and French
My friend's phone number from 5th grade
but I can't remember that I have a camera with me to record my children's LIVES!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I remember when we first met I thought you were seriously the busiest person I have ever known....and guess what! I still do! Lol!

Sounds like you had a blast!!!

Shelly's Space said...

That is too funny (about forgetting)....must be because you turned another year older:) WOW...you have a busy schedule!!! It makes me tired reading about it.....but I'm old. What can I say....except you are amazing!! (And so are your kids)

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

I am the same way.....I had the camera in the car yesterday too, it made it to Addisons game, but not Ethan and Kylers, oh well theres always another game:)